Can you believe summer is half over? I know, I don’t want to believe it either. I wish the summer months would go on and on and…
But before summer is over and the kids head back to school, here are some must-do budget friendly activities to get the most out of summer vacation.
- Neighborhood bike parade (parents.com) – Kids love the freedom that comes with being able to ride their bike. Celebrate that by inviting all the neighbor kids to decorate their bike and have a parade!
- Blend your own smoothie (care.com) – Summer is the perfect time to enjoy an icy cold treat. Blending in fruit makes it a great, healthy choice to beat the heat this summer.
- Summer reading programs (marvelousmrs.com) – There are tons of summer reading programs available. My favorite is from Barnes and Noble. Check it out!
- Host a super slumber party (parenting.com) – Be the coolest mom on the block by hosting a sleepover for your kiddo and their friends.
- Teach your kids how to jump rope (theinspiredtreehouse.com) – Jumping rope is the all-time best kid activity, but I hardly see kids doing it. Re-introduce them to this fun activity!
Summer is a time to relax and let go with your kids – find your inner child and have fun with your favorite little people!